High energy, creative expert with 15+ years of analyzing and translating subject matter into compelling communications to deliver a return on investments and achieve business goals. Talented designer skilled at visualizing solutions, driving brands, and influencing employees' productivity. Sharp communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated flexibility working in a dynamic environment.
American Greetings, Mango Graphic Design, Nike, U.S. Army, and Teledyne Brown Engineering. In addition to the U.S., I have lived and worked in Japan and Germany and bring a multicultural perspective to my work.
Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premier Pro, Acrobat, After Effects
Other Design Software: Adobe Captivate | Articulate SolidWorks Composer | Arbortext ISO Draw | QuarkXpress
Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Operating Systems: Windows 7 Windows Vista | Apple OS
Able to acquire knowledge of new software, systems and equipment with ease.
AWARDS and RECOGNITION
· Department of the Army, Achievement Medal for Civilian Service, January, 2015
· Received an Outstanding (5/5) Rating on my annual review
· Sustained Superior Performance Award
· United States Army Garrison Stuttgart Employee of the Quarter, May 2014
· Department of the Army, Achievement Medal for Civilian Service, May 2014
· NAF Support Division Employee of the Quarter, 1st Quarter 2014
· On the Spot Awards totaling $750, March - December 2014
· Time Off Awards totaling 112 Hours, March - December 2014
· DoDEA (Department of Defense Education Activities) Volunteers Award from DoDDS CFAY Yokosuka, Japan, May 2010
· Texas Associated Press Managing Editors Convention Award, First Place for Informational Graphic Illustration, April 1995
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design
Minor in Journalism
Angelo State University, San Angelo, TX
REFERENCES available upon request.
Hasenyager Consulting, Madison, AL | March 2015–Present
Visual Design | Instructional Design | Senior Consultant
Oversee visual design and development projects for private, corporate, and government clients. Partner with clients to increase revenues, brand awareness, and storytelling effectiveness through visual arts and learning solutions. Employ design thinking abilities to solve complex problems, find desirable solutions, and manage projects onsite and virtually.
School Professionals – New York Department of Education
New York, NY (2016 – Present)
GRAPHIC DESIGN CONSULTANT
Visual Design support for the Office of Curriculum, Instruction and Professional Learning develops, coordinates and manages STEM and service-centered programs for students
K-12. NYC Department of Education, serves 1.1 million students in over 1,800 schools.
Training Pros – Nike, North American Supply Chain (NASC)
Memphis, Tennessee (2016 – 2017)
VISUAL DESIGN CONSULTANT — Training Development
Design and develop learning solutions and performance support tools that educate the company’s workforce while improving organization effectiveness for Nike distribution centers.
Proposed and developed effective visual solutions in the field that directly support informal learning. Solutions are just-in-time learning aids designed to assist employees with on-the-job support, enhancing team member performance and overall DC quality on all outbound orders.
Inspired the effort to revise existing protocol for one work area that was in effect costing $1.4 mil in charge backs per year. The business will leverage the newly established content and visuals for use in domestic and international facilities.
Harlan Lee & Associates, LLC — Huntsville, Alabama (2015 – 2016)
GRAPHIC DESIGNER - U.S. Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Redstone Arsenal
Exceptional customer interface skills working in a team environment to create high level graphic design and print media as part of the Visual Information Production Center (VIPC) within MDA.
Create high quality and effective visual information:
Produce unique designs and meet demands of tight deadlines with excellent quality work:
Teledyne Brown Engineering — Huntsville, Alabama (2015 – 2015)
TECHNICAL ILLUSTRATOR – Logistics Group, Marine, Aviation, & Manufacturing, DoD Subsea Systems
Develop complex technical illustrations per S1000D and MIL-PRF-40051 specifications for the procurement and production of technical publications for aerospace, defense and capital-intensive equipment applications.
Developed complex technical illustrations per S1000D and MIL-PRF-40051 specifications for the procurement and production of technical publications for aerospace, defense and capital-intensive equipment applications.
Increase technical illustration productivity and accuracy by 50%:
USAG Stuttgart Family and MWR, Stuttgart, Germany (2013 – 2015)
GRAPHIC DESIGNER – Marketing Department
Projects Graphic Designer - Business & Military Marketing Campaigns:
Composed, illustrated, produced, and managed 290+ in-house graphic designs, production activities, and multimedia requests annually for 46+ facilities across four military bases. Designed and managed events, programs, and services for all ages. Projects include graphic design, illustration, photography, advertising (print/digital), copy layouts, websites, social media, product packaging, and accessories.
Impacted sales goals, profits, and objectives:
US Army, Achievement Medal for Civilian, 2014 & 2015. Employee of the Quarter, NAF Division and US Army Garrison, Stuttgart both in 2014.
Mango Graphic Design Company, US, Japan, & Germany (2001—2013)
GRAPHIC DESIGN PROPRIETOR| FREELANCER| EDUCATOR — National & International Projects
Managed day-to-day operations of the company and multiple concurrent projects from hand-sketched concept to press-ready files. Collaborated with clients/customers to identify and develop most effective marketing plan to reach sale goals and objectives. Produced original graphic sketches, icons, designs and layouts. Determined production activities and arranged layouts per project including illustration, photography, animation, various print, web design, and marketing products and services. Conducted research for market intelligence of current packaging and trends.
Awarded large corporate accounts, and freelance projects:
America Greetings | Plus Mark, Cleveland, OH (1998—2001)
ART DIRECTOR, GRAPHIC DESIGN — Global Market Reach
Directed team of designers, photographers, stylists, and administrative staff in marketing/branding, display design, facility design, and package design. Consulted with sales managers and product teams. Presented proposed designs to customers. Provided creative direction and print production management for all sales collateral, catalogs, merchandising displays, and retail packaging.
Directed and executed showroom designs and window exhibit at headquarters and NY City.
Army Community Services (ACS)
“Stuttgart Volunteers ROCK!” Event, Stuttgart military community, Germany
· Worked directly with the Volunteer Coordinator of ACS, Stuttgart to develop a visual campaign for the annual volunteer recognition ceremony.
· Designed all marketing materials and environmental design for the event.
· Created large posters, banners, fliers, etc. with a cohesive branding of the event to develop instant recognition of these images with the Stuttgart Volunteers among community members.
· Compiled and designed a newsletter for ACS that showcased all of their various program details and contact information. This provided the local community with a one-source referral to their many services.
Art Explorers Education Program, Yokosuka military community, Japan
· Identified the need for an art program within the DoDDS Ikego Elementary School, Yokosuka, Japan.
· With cooperation of the principal, developed, proposed, and implemented an art program complete with lesson plans for 260 students.
· Each grade level rotated in for a ninety minute session once a month to complete various projects.
· The year ended with a school art show to showcase every child's artwork.
· Received the DoDEA Volunteers Award from DoDDS CFAY, Japan.
Ikego Elementary School Yearbook, Yokosuka military community, Japan
· Yearbook design and production to include planning and organizing all of the images and details of people, places and events. Produced in 6 weeks. Over 300 students, teachers and staff; 12 classrooms and field trips; school events were featured. An exciting yearbook with visually stimulating page layouts, showcasing all of the children and their various activities at the elementary school.